Tuesday 30 November 2010

lets Meet Some of the People who Tumbl: Kristin



THE MIND BEHIND:
http://taintedbrunette.tumblr.com/



All photos in this post have been taken from Kristens tumblr check it out here.


Name:


Kristen Lentini 

Age:

17 

Where are you living?

Melbourne, Australia 

When did you first join tumblr and why did you decide to join?


Wow, I joined tumblr a really long time ago.. Probably two and a half years ago. I had another tumblr but I didn't really know how to use the site properly and ended up just re-blogging everyone I followed, I was a terrible blogger! It turned out I had about 5 followers and my tumblr URL didn't work, so that's when I decided to make tainted brunette, I was really driven to put out my own personality, I'm terribly interested in fashion and tumblr is such an amazing way to talk to new people with similar interests and style.



How would you describe your tumblr?

I would describe it as my little mind journal, I've had a love affair with fashion since I was about three years old and it's basically a huge part of who I am, I post images from gorgeous silver screen vintage movies and just basically things that inspire my creativity: Detail shots from the runway, quotes from books, flowers, my own sketches, and photos I've taken of my journal, and lately I've been making lists about what I'm doing 'today', basically it helps me to fulfil things I usually wont do if they're not written down, and I actually have to do them or I feel like I'm cheating out my followers! It's really amazing and unlike social-type sites on the internet it is full of knowledge and I find myself learning new things everyday.



When did you first become interested in fashion?

Since I was three years old my Mother would dress me in these amazing party dresses with matching hats or things she made, usually they had flowers on them and sometimes they were daisy chains from the garden, my Mum was gorgeous and stylish and I think I wanted to be just like her. I was a pretty cultured child and I loved visiting museums and reading and one day I decided I wanted to people in draw clothes like the ones that were in the museum, the ones that my grandmother and my Mum wore; gloves pulled up to her elbows, long elegant dresses, dark red nail polish and lipstick and even the long thigh high socks that they put me in (very Alexander Wang Ready-to -wear 2010) and basically I drew and drew and read and read fashion, I lived an breathed it, and several years ago I found Style.com and thats when I discovered I wanted to be a fashion designer.

Who are you favourite designers at the moment?

Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy, Lazaro and Jack for Proenza Schouler, Valentino, Christian Lacroix, John Galliano, Alber Elbaz for Lanvin, Marchesa, the Rodarte sisters and there are so many more but I adore these guys. 

Who is your favourite model at the moment?

Vlada Roslyakova, she's so versatile and gorgeous and intriguing, I especially love her darker editorial shots, like Pierluigi Maco's renaissance re-indition for Vogue China. Vlada looks crazily like a painting from that era and every time I look at that editorial I just stare. 





If you could sum up your tumblr in just a few words what would they be?

Vintage, ethereal, dark, saddening, broken. 

How many followers do you now have?

A small army of broken ghostly souls. 



When you aren’t tumbling what do you do with yourself?

I read a lot, go for long, slow walks, take hot baths, sketch models and write in my journal, text my boyfriend and day dream, I'm always day dreaming. 

What are your plans for the future?

My plans are to move in with my boyfriend, get a bachelor's degree in a fashion design course, finish year 12 in high school and buy a rabbit, then hopefully I'll build a collection of vintage clothing from the lost eras of women who wore amazing clothing and make my father proud of me. I'll tell the world what I want them to hear and make beautiful things, then maybe one day I'll make such beautiful musings that I'll take my children to make little ships in bottles and set some free into an endless ocean. 

Can you recommend a tumblr that you enjoy at the moment?

http://-sacrecoeur.tumblr.com/ She is amazing, and I adore each and every post on her tumblr.



Any last comments/ or words?

I'll continue to post on tumblr for a very long time, tumblr has become my home and I will love it for eternity.



To check out Kristins tumblr click here
We would love to know what you think of Tainted Brunette.  Leave your comments below.

xxk
honey.pie


1 comment:

  1. I was very happy with the progress I got with BlogOnAuto com. BlogOnAuto saves my day from doing Tumblr activities with better results than of that I do manually. I setup my websites and immediately put them on autopilot through BlogOnAuto and in no time it starts giving me new followers who like and comment on my posts, it’s an amazing experience working through BlogOnAuto. For me, BlogOnAuto is an essential tool for those who have a lot of work to do and they don’t have time to invest on Tumblr.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts